The Therapeutic and Clinical Benefits of Tai Chiwritten by: Master McCorry
* Government took initiative to reduce the multiple and complex variants of Tai Chi to 24 simplified styles
* The purpose of Tai Chi shifted from self-defense to health
1. Tai Chi can enhance balance, improve control and reduce falls in adults and seniors.
2. It improved the Unified Scale score of patients suffering from Parkinsonism (MS Lee, 2008)
3. In patients suffering from osteoarthritis, Tai Chi was found to reduce pain and inflammation (Lee, 2008)
4. Studies in rheumatic arthritis patients found that Tai Chi improved the flexion of their ankles (A Han, 2004)
5. Usually bone density diminishes in women in post-menopause stage. Women who learnt Tai Chi, however, was found to maintain their bone density. This means reduced risk of osteoporosis in women.
6. A study by A. Dechamps et al (2007) pointed out that Tai Chi can foster belief in one’s own ability and enhance mood.
7. Regular practice of Tai Chi can bring down blood pressure and diabetes to normal. It can also reduce the chances of CVD (Cardio-Vascular Diseases) by preventing hypertension and abnormal lipid levels.
8. When Tai Chi was paired with medical treatment in cancer patients, it was found to boost their will power and thereby increase the chances of survival. It can develop self-esteem in cancer survivors as well (P. Mansky, 2006)
9. Tai Chi can augment aerobic capacity and reduce stress rivate instruction is also available to better work with the students needs. Visit www.brucemccorrys.com today or call for your free trial course, at (978) 535-7878.