Defeating Stress with Martial Arts: The Bruce McCorry’s Method
By: Bruce McCorry's Martial Arts Center
220 Newbury St
Peabody MA 01960
It is not that uncommon for us to feel stressed at times in life and then not take it seriously. However, with the end of the year drawing near, 2017 looks like an alarming year for Americans in terms of stress. Studies and reports in the past one year has shown that:
- In the past fifteen months leading up to November 2017, the overall stress level among Americans showed an increase for the first time in the past decade (Coping With Change, American Psychological Association)
- An average of 75% of adult Americans experience stress that ranges between moderate and high levels (American Psychological Association)
- Number of those who experience job and work stress in America has touched the mark of 80% (American Institute of Stress)
- One-fifth of children in the US feel stressed, but only 3% of parents are aware of what their child goes through (Stress in America Survey)
- It seems that stress has finally evolved into one of the major health issues for Americans. This demands both attention and action.
The Anti-Stress Mantra for Adults and Kids: Martial Arts to the Help
The question of stress needs to be addressed because if left unattended, it can lead to serious consequences. This could begin with trivial symptoms like physical aches and elevated blood pressure, but stress carries the threat of evolving into complex conditions like toxic stress that can be lethal to one’s health and life.
Finding an anti-stress formula is not that easy, because it is hard to pinpoint the causes and nature of stress in each individual. It could be triggered from issues that are mental, personal, social, work-related or health-related. It sweeps over one’s body, mind and consciousness. An effective anti-stress formula should be able to address the particular nature and extent of stress faced by an individual and help him/her to fight it.
That is why martial art becomes a unique anti-stress mantra.
- Martial art movements help to ease tensed muscles in a soothing way.
- It can accentuate the release of brain hormones and thus help to relieve stress.
- The meditative quality of martial arts rhythmically ease your mind and release tension.
- Martial arts work by increasing the confidence and courage of the learner. This comes to help in dealing with most situations that provoke stress.
- Martial art improves general health and strength through physical movements and mind-healing techniques. Even patients who battle life-threatening diseases can use martial arts as an aid to relive stress and gain strength of mind.
The Bruce McCorry’s Method: A Unique Martial Art Formula to Battle Stress
Bruce McCorry’s Academy (Peabody, MA) has always kept pace with the most recent research in martial arts, and this has helped the academy to evolve unique lesson methods that can help you battle stress. The lessons intended for adults and kids provide a customized experience. In this, the learners can learn to identify the cause of their stress and learn physical and mental techniques to qualitatively reduce stress. The lessons at the academy draw from both traditional martial art wisdom and the newest clinical studies to ensure that kids and adults get to learn how to use martial arts practically to defeat stress. It is time to recognize that ignoring stress can lead to serious mishaps and take action to defeat stress. Let martial arts be the way.
Bruce McCorry's Martial Arts Center
220 Newbury St
Peabody MA 01960