Taking Control with Martial Arts: A Unique Way for Conquering Your Dreams
written by: Bruce McCorry's Martial Arts
Losing control was a concept which we often celebrated in past, using it to denote rebellion, freedom, and uninhibited expression of individuality. Looking back, it is both interesting and sad to note that nowadays, mental health forums are the space where we often encounter the term. In 2015, The Atlantic precisely put a finger on the problem, when it noted that uncertainty is the root cause of anxiety in our times. Taking control of our lives has become a catchphrase as we have started to feel that nothing is under our control and nothing is certain.
The Feeling of Having No Control over Life: Why Should You be Bothered
All of us have those moments when we feel that something important to us is totally beyond our grasp and grip. Sometimes it is a stalling career, a stooping education graph or a failing relationship. Sometimes it is a habit to which we have lost ourselves. Every day, we worry, suspect and even find ourselves failing as professionals, students, partners, parents, or simply human beings. But the real problem starts when we feel that we fall short of own ideals and find that our goals, dreams and ambitions are beyond us. This feeling of having lost control, according to psychology, is the number one cause leading to anxiety, depression and low motivation. So if you find yourselves in this dark space, it is time to act.
Teaching Your Mind and Body to Take Control: The Martial Art Technique
If you need a method to take control of your life’s failures and aspirations, you don’t have to look very far. A martial art class near you will show you how to do it.
Following are some of your life’s uncertainties that martial arts will help to address:
- Health: martial arts is a one-time solution to physical weakness, lifestyle diseases, low immunity and lack of physical activity. It even helps people to get through and emerge successfully from chronic illnesses.
- Body: Martial arts help to take control over your poorly maintained body. A fit, toned body means improved self-esteem, improved health and more social acceptance.
- Stress: Stress and related conditions like anxiety, social anxiety, depression and low self-confidence are prime factors that make you feel vulnerable. Martial arts train your mind to overcome each of these and finally be in control of your mindscape.
- Academics and Career: A big space where you feel insecure is your academics/career, because in our goal-oriented society, it is as if our life depends on success in education or profession. By socially and intellectually molding you to excel in your education and profession, martial arts help you to take control of your goals.
- Relationships: Another great benefit that martial art provides you is emotional balance and maturity. This is what you need to be successful in maintaining your familial and romantic relationships.
- Habits: Finally, martial arts help you combat a number of habits and flawed lifestyles that throw your life off balance. Among them are smoking, drugs, alcohol, unhealthy eating habits and more. Martial arts is your personal answer to your personal struggles.
A perfect martial arts course at a reputed school like Bruce McCorry’s Academy gives you a brilliant blend of traditional art wisdom, refreshing physical moves, mind calming techniques and ways of living that speaks to your whole being. There is no more time to wait, now is the time to say yes and take control.
Call Bruce McCorry's Martial Arts at (978) 535-7878 or go online to sign up for a free trial at www.brucemccorrys.com